The following sample job description template for the position of Records Coordinator is for guidance purpose only. You will need to modify it in order to use it for your company.
Job title: Records Coordinator
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Quality Community Health Care, Inc (QCHC) has a full-time opportunity for a detail-orientated Medical Records Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains customer confidence and protects organization reputation by keeping patient chart company information private.
- Provides information by locating files; searching files for misplaced items; replenishing information.
- Maintains filing supplies inventory; keeps equipment operational. by checking stock to determine inventory levels; requisitioning supplies; following manufacturer’s recommendations when operating and maintaining equipment.
- Maintains file integrity and operations by adhering to filing system procedures; following policies; reporting needed changes.
- Prepares and stores information by gathering information; preparing folders and labels for new accounts; rearranging materials for space allocations; filing information in designated areas.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of federal, Joint Commission, state and other agency regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of five years experience in medical records. Three years supervisory or managerial experience in a healthcare setting.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) licensure required.
- BS degree in Medical Record Administration/Health Information Management preferred.
- Associate of Science degree in Medical Record/Health Information from an accredited school.
Salary: $15.00 – $16.00 Hourly DOE