Following is a sample job description template for the position of Reservations Manager:
Job Title: Reservations Manager
Location of the Job: Newton, MA, 02458
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Manager, Reservations and Travel Planning will have direct oversight o the customer service call center. He/she is responsible with direct oversight of all the customer service representatives who handle incoming reservation calls in a fast-growing marketing company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibilities for other projects as needed.
- Creates, updates and maintains Reservations and Customer Service reference materials and procedures.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on departmental metrics and sales or service trends
- Maintains an effective quality program to increase sales and deliver excellent customer service.
- Manages, reviews and maintains forms and files containing key guest information required prior to travel.
- Handles the overflow of inbound calls as well as escalated customer calls or issues that are not resolved through normal means.
- Hires, trains and provides ongoing development to maintain a high quality, professional travel staff.
- Actively manages the planning, scheduling, execution, and monitoring of all departmental tasks to ensure customer needs are met in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Ability to multi-task, be a team player, and have strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral in a professional manner
- High energy, ability to remain focused on goals, working independently
- Experienced background in guest relations and/or phone reservations
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft applications and the Internet
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field preferred
- Call center experience with an emphasis on sales
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE