This sample job description template for the position of Safety Specialist will guide you in preparing a real JD for this opening in your organization.
Job Title: Safety Specialist
Location of the Job: Greer, SC 29650
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Large Manufacturing Company in Greenville is looking to hire a Safety Specialist. This includes planning and implementing safety and ergonomic improvements for series and new model products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates and volunteers for special projects
- Excellent knowledge of FDA and ICH guidelines and reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of technology required for Patient Safety
- Reflects the Patient Safety philosophy of being a team player and supports the development of those individuals within the department
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with personnel of various disciplines regarding aspects of product inquiries and collection of safety data
- Serves as a knowledge resource for departmental personnel regarding medical, scientific and Operational issues
- Supports Safety Surveillance, Safety Support – Compliance and Marketing Company and the US Clinical Teams
- Assumes responsibility for completing special projects
- Leads team in preparing, organizing, and reviewing tabulations for Regulatory reports
- Have a broad understanding of Surveillance activities and the impact on individual case or group of cases can have on product labeling
- Enter and maintain accurate tracking system for all AE reports
- Reviews adverse event documents prepared by the Patient Safety personnel for accuracy, completeness, and validity prior to submission to the FDA
- Ability to Bend/stoop, sit, lift, squat, walk, crouch, reach, and operate keyboard/calculator are required.
- Ability to function under pressure while handling multiple assignments with various deadlines.
- Ability to organize and lead large company sponsored events.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to function independently and take the initiative until activities are complete.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
- Ability to train and educate employees on safety, OSHA, and DOT management concepts
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and Hazardous Material management concepts and techniques
- Strong PC skills including a high level of proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Salary: $14.00 – $17.00 Hourly DOE