Find below sample job description template for the position of Salon Manager:
Job Title: Salon Manager
Location of the Job: Minneapolis, MN 55401
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Our salon is one of the fastest growing services at PetSmart. The salon experience can range from a nail clipping to a full service groom. As a Retail Grooming Salon Manager you will be responsible for ensuring an efficient and positive grooming experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide orientation and training to all new Pet Stylists and Grooming ssistants
- Assist Store Manager in recruiting and hiring of Pet Stylists and Grooming Assistants
- Provide and maintain personal clippers, blades, and other hand tools required for grooming services
- Ensure Grooming Salon safety by implementing standards and procedures as set by PETCO
- Perform routine housekeeping to maintain the appearance of the Grooming Salon to PETCO standards
- Meet grooming revenue projections, control payroll and expenses to meet budget, maintain daily/ weekly records, schedule customer grooming appointments, assist in preparation of bi-weekly work schedule
- Order grooming salon supplies as needed
- Complete daily grooming payroll and commission paperwork.
- Perform basic grooming services including brushing, bathing, and conditioning of animals. May perform cleaning of ears and the trimming of nails.
- Supervise the daily operations of Pet Stylist(s) and Grooming Assistants located in the same store
- You must be able to work flexible hours.
- Salon Managers must have at least two years of professional grooming experience or 5 years of previous manager experience.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is preferred. Additionally, the candidate should have the ability to monitor and provide direction to all Grooming associates
- A qualified candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the grooming industry, and have at least three year’s experience in grooming all breeds.
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE