The job of a Scale Operator involves weighing and measuring materials and carrying out other related functions. Given below is sample job description template for this position.
Job Title: Scale Operator
Location of the job: Bennington, VT 05201
Years of Experience: 2+ to 4 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Casella Waste System, Inc. currently has an opening for a Scale House Operator to work in their Bennington, VT Transfer Station. This is a full time position requiring occasional work travel to Sunderland or Northshire, VT Transfer Stations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains cleanliness of the pay booth.
- Answers the telephone and provides general information to callers.
- Balances the daily receipts to ensure accurate record keeping and appropriate billing. Drops the daily receipts into the safe depository.
- Handles special waste loads by processing required paperwork, and by notifying operations of an incoming special load via a 2-way radio for proper dispatch.
- Receives payment from customers.
- Provides a receipt for the customer and documents the waste entering the facility
- Accepts or rejects load based on content and suggests possible alternatives based on personal disposal knowledge, special waste training and type of waste.
- Obtains information regarding material entering the facility to properly bill the customer and track the total amount of waste entering the landfill or transfer station.
- Must have basic chemical processing and safety skills.
- Good reading comprehension of work related documents.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Perform routine tests and inspections of products as the material is produced.
- Basic Computer skills. Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Salary: 10.00 – 13.00 USD /year