Here is a sample job description template for the position of Senior Travel Agent:
Job Title: Senior Travel Agent
Location of the Job: Houston, TX, 77056
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Seeking an experienced International Leisure Agent who has planned FIT’S throughout the world. Extensive upscale retail experience in tour development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the travel marketing effort and assist in travel promotions.
- Establish and maintain client files and mailing lists.
- Make reservations through Apollo or similar CRS system.
- Counsel members and clients on travel options; create itineraries to meet needs by providing cruise, tour, airline, hotel, car and rail reservations, both domestic and international.
- Experience with VIP’s and working with Executive Assistants is preferred.
- You must have excellent relationship skills, be accurate, have strong time management skills and be a team player.
- Written and Oral communication skills are critical to this position as you provide coaching and consulting by phone and email.
- Minimum of three years experience in government or corporate travel. Sabre GDS is preferred.