Here is a sample job description template for the position of Social Media Coordinator:
Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Location of the job: Santa Ana, CA 92704
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for implementing marketing outreach strategies to support a public diplomacy initiative that educates and collaborates with international audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a neutral stance concerning any political or diplomatic topics.
- Manage web presence and content distribution, and monitor audience participation.
- Lead efforts to capture and engage new audiences, and drive critical mass to the main site.
- Assist the Social Media Manager and New Media Producers in developing and implementing tactical PR and social media marketing strategies to attract and engage foreign audiences.
- Build online communities among the foreign public, including opinion-makers and youth, by addressing topics such as U. policy, society, values, and a range of bilateral issues.
- Plan, organize, and manage interactive online events such as webcasts and webchats to be hosted for heads of state, embassies, experts, and high-ranking government officials.
- Writing background a plus
- Microsoft office skills
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and take on more responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure and within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner with a proactive nature
- Passion for ecommerce, social media outlets, and emerging media