Following is a sample job description template for the position of Supply Chain Specialist.
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Location of the job: Chicago, IL 60631
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Device Supply Chain Planning Specialist provides analytical support to Inventory Planning Team. Work with Inventory Planning Team to support approximately 400 Retail locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide appropriate data for business reporting requirements.
- Apply IOS accounting rules and ensure correct reserves are properly reported.
- Identify and implement appropriate supply chain strategies (I. Kanban / consignment / rolling forecast) to minimize inventory and supplier cycle time.
- Work in conjunction with sourcing to minimize price increases and identify and implement cost reductions.
- Identify, resolve and communicate material shortages.
- Create and maintain strong supplier relationships.
- Maintaining AS400 Supplier system screens including verifying MOQ, Lead Time, and supplier contacts are correct.
- Following up with supplier deliveries and expediting or pushing out deliveries as required.
- Responding to MRP exception messages, verifying appropriate material quantities are being requested and placing P.s’ with suppliers.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of PC Windows based applications (Excel and Word) required.
- Ability to work with multiple computer applications at the same time.
- Ability to think independently and troubleshoot various issues.
- Understanding of retail math concepts, finance, and analytics required.
- Ability to sort through ambiguity and work in sometimes undefined roles.
- Ability to develop relationships, both internally and externally, and work in a team environment.
- Strong ability to manage time effectively and versatility critical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks at once, and reprioritize as needed.
- Operations and/or customer service are also preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience required; inventory planning in retail or related field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.