Here is a sample job description template for the position of Terminal Manager:
Job Title: Terminal Manager
Location of the Job: Columbus, OH 43228
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Deliver solutions to improve both operational and financial goals; oversee all aspects of the transportation operation which includes supervising, scheduling a fleet of drivers and support staff according to needs, maximize equipment utilization, and address customer satisfaction issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure drivers and terminal personnel adhere to established DOT regulation and safety standards.
- Adhere to SMART safety program in all aspects of the operation.
- Operate terminal efficiently by analyzing operating costs, equipment utilization, fuel mileage and driver wages.
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate and retain terminal employees in accordance with Federal regulations and company policy.
- Organize, plan and implement transportation solutions for assigned customers that utilize the best cost option to maximize profitability and guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for overall management of the operation by providing leadership and direction to create process improvements and establish a team environment.
- Desire to succeed and possess a winner’s mind-set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of managing resources and efficiencies
- Dispatch experience = GREAT!!!
- Must have 3-5 years in intermodal, distribution/logistics
- Computer literate a must
- Sales Experience a must
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
Salary: $12.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE