As the name implies, the job of a Wastewater Operator involves taking care of the sewage and waste water treatment operation. Following is the sample job description template for the position of Wastewater Operator.
Job Title: Wastewater Operator
Years of Experience: 2+to 4 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Looking for a lead wastewater operator in the corning area. This person must have been a shift lead or in a management role working specifically in the wastewater industry. Pay is based on experience and starts off at 20 an hour plus bonuses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control and monitor the biological treatment process
- Prepare reports and logs detailing plant operation
- Perform laboratory analyses
- Take samples for analysis
- Monitor, operate, and troubleshoot electrical controls
- Clean sand filters
- Perform routine servicing and cleaning of plant, pipes, and equipment
- Monitor flow meters
- Operate pumps, motors, blowers
- Must be able to work in a wet environment where frequent bending, stretching and crouching will be required. Must be able to walk on feet for 8 hour shift.
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels including with the MWRA, Engineering resources, managers, and system operators
- 5 years of experience operating and maintaining neutralization systems, heavy metal treatment systems
- Available for on-call rotation for waste water system emergencies
- Must have a Class IVi Wastewater License or higher issued by the State of Massachusetts
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Capable of working methodically and accurately