Here is a sample job description template for the position of Senior Project Manager:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Location of the Job: San Diego, CA 92121
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Our Client is a Worldwide Food Manufacturer in both perishables and non-perishables.It is a large company with lots of career opportunity growth. We are looking for a special person to head up a new start-up division and when I say Start-Up that’s what I mean.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- 7+ years experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- PMP Certification Preferred
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred:
- Adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and assembling cross-divisional project team(s) and provides leadership and mentoring to assure effective project completion
- Organizing, managing and directing project team tasks and assures proper application of EPMO standards, tools and methodologies in project work
- Creation/maintenance of a comprehensive project plan utilizing enterprise project management software (PlanView)
- Managing projects through the formal project life cycle process to ensure all required deliverables are provided in accordance with Horizon quality standards
- Managing project budgets of $250k+ and work closely with Financial Planning and Analysis to track actual and forecast future expenses
- Collaborating as needed with outside professionals to ensure buy-in to key deliverables and dates.
- Partnering with Business Owners and Program Manager to clearly define and deliver agreed upon success metrics.
Salary: 20.00 – 26.00 USD /hour