Here is a sample job description template for the position of IT Network Administrator:
Job Title: IT Network Administrator
Location of the Job: San Antonio, TX 78259
This position configures, deploys, and maintains physical and logical data and voice network components. Monitors and optimizes network performance, reliability, and security.
- Previous telecom or data center experience a plus.
- Experience with Nortel Phone Systems a plus.
- Router and Firewall experience required.
- FileMaker and Adobe Suite of products a plus.
- Application software including Microsoft Office for Mac and Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Entourage/Outlook).
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2003, XP, Mac OS X 10.3 or higher (Server and Desktop), Exchange 2003, Active Directory and protocols such as DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that backup and offsite storage procedures are followed
- Maintain software licenses
- Order software, PC’s, and servers as needed
- Provide front-line help desk support for local and remote employees
- Help to maintain existing and expanded internal web sharing
- Help to maintain existing and new website (external)
- Maintain and upgrade – MAS90 (LAN and Remote Desktop) and SalesLogix (WEB & LAN), Google Sites/Apps as needed
- Travel for training on corporate systems
- Create new fields in MAS90 and SalesLogix as needed
- Write crystal 10 reports as needed
- Provide training and manuals on how to use systems
- Oversight of overall security of the network, management, and monitoring
- Working to install, manage and maintain the site’s PC’s (manage and maintain images, install and monitor software, and administer upgrades)
Salary: $12,000.00 – $13,000.00 /year