The duties of Health Educator involve promoting health education and awareness in the community. Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Health Educator.
Job Title: Health Educator
Location of the job: Watertown, MA 02472
Job Type: Part Time Employee
Work Hours: Hours will include the possibility of evening and weekend work
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Health Educator The Delaware General Health District is seeking candidates for the position of part time Health Educator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- working with community groups and related agencies.
- planning and implementing health education and promotion grants;
- conducting workshops;
- Responsibilities include developing programs in a variety of public health areas;
- 40/hrs Monday-Friday with no evenings, call or weekends. This is an office-based position, and will not require travel into the field (unless a specific training occasion arises)
- There will also be a transition to the Cerner Software Application package. Although Cerner experience will be strongly preferred, the ability to learn a software package, and teach it to others will be a key component of the role.
- The Registered Nurse (RN) Staff Educator will also be responsible for teaching and updating all RNs on the Newest Medicare Regulations and Regulatory Guidelines.
- This Registered Nurse (RN) will work along side two other very well-seasoned Staff Educators.
- The Staff Education Team will cover all Orientations for new-hires, but will also be educating all clinicians for continuous learning and advancement.
- CHES certification desirable.
- some experience in health education
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Education or related field (or completion of core coursework);
- This position absolutely requires a Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) with an unrestricted Registered Nursing (RN) License in the State of Massachusetts
- Strong Computer Skills are required
- BSN is required. MSN preferred
- Staff Education experience or Managerial experience with Staff Development in the Home Care setting is required.
- Must have current or very recent Home Care experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)