Find below a sample job description template for the position of EMT (Emergency Medical Technician):
Job Title: EMT
Location of the Job: Dothan, AL 36362
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
EMT National Standard Curriculum or equivalent to it and accepted by the National Registry for Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT). EMTs working in pre-hospital EMS to include both ground and air ambulance will possess and maintain current certification through the NREMT commensurate to the requirements of the EMT-Paramedic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support of the Occupational Health Mission:
- Training (to obtain, participate or provide)
- Occupational surveillance
- Emergency response
- Support of the Chemical Surety Mission:
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Ability to travel via automobile and/or airplane.
- Ability to articulate clearly.
- Ability to view video display terminal less than 18’’ away from face – up to four (4) hours a time.
- Ability to lift, tug, pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time – up to four (4) hours at a time.
- Manual dexterity to perform all technical duties within scope of center operations.
Salary: $11.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE