Here is a sample job description template for the position of Public Relations Manager. You can use it as a base to start preparing your own JD for the given opening in your organization.
Job Title: Public Relations Manager
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
We are currently in the process of expanding and redesigning our sports marketing and public relations team at our World Headquarters in Milford, Connecticut. We’re looking for a “Senior Manager – Public Relations” to join our exciting and expanding team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain clear and consistent communication between the Client and account team.
- Cultivate positive Client presence in trade media through releases, contact and responsiveness to inquiries/
- Develop, pitch and place positive stories by and about the Client in business, trade and consumer media, when appropriate.
- Develop materials on complex issues (e. SEC reporting, M&A activity).
- Review materials (e. pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters) prepared by Associates or Client Executives.
- Develop and cultivate relationship with the Client and external audiences.
- Handle special media inquiries.
- Oversee all aspects of major events for Client.
- Recommend and implement initiatives that improve the public’s perception of the Client.
- Manage account administration duties such as billing, financial reporting.
- Oversee day-to-day Client projects and/or events to insure the quality of work meets Client’s objective and in a manner that provides value.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Solutions-oriented self-starter with the desire to grow
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage complex projects across a variety of functions
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects with changing priorities
- Experience in developing and executing corporate PR campaigns programs and crisis/ issue management
- Solid expertise in creating and implementing media outreach and response strategies for both offline and online media
- Proficiency in managing the creation of PR materials, PR tools, PR measurement and social media tools
- Experience in B2B and/or professional services or financial services preferred
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE