The following sample job description template for the position of Financial Director will guide you in preparing a real JD for this position in your company:
Job Title: Financial Director
Location of the job: Maple Grove, MN 55311
Years of Experience: 7+ to 10 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
This large, multi-plant manufacturing operation is seeking a Finance Director to manage and direct financial operations of multiple plants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Product Pricing within the Business Unit
- Manage the Contract Process including drafting of the initial proposal and redline negotiations as needed (includes customers and partners)
- Complete corporate required revenue and expense forecasting every two weeks and capital expenditure forecasting once per month.
- Oversee billing process for Business Unit to ensure proper payments communicated and received for Business Unit stability.
- Direct the annual budgeting process interfacing the functional departments, being the main conduit face for Experian.
- Complete year-end and monthly close processes for corporate.
- Issue periodic reports on the business unit and it’s overall financial stability and growth.
- Direct the maintenance of the general ledger, payables, receivables, deferred revenue, deferred expenses, fixed assets and payroll. Develop and maintain an internal control structure that ensures the integrity of this information is maintained.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Horsepower, learning on the fly, making timely/high quality decisions, and hiring staffing.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of delegation, developing direct reports, process management, innovation management, business acumen, intellectual
- Experience managing accounting principles internationally; Asia, Europe and North America
- Successful senior accounting, finance experience, and IT management
- Strong familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations, implementation, documentation of internal controls
- Experience managing multiple operating units with a public company
Salary: 70,000.00 – 140,000.00 USD /year