Here is a sample job description template for the position of PBX Operator to help you prepare a JD for this position in your organization.
Job Title: PBX Operator
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Handles all incoming calls by screening, transferring, and answering appropriately, timely, and efficiently. Takes accurate and appropriate messages. Assists the department with various clerical duties as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate switchboard, intercom and two-way radio to relay incoming, outgoing and interoffice calls and messages.
- Opening and distributing both interoffice and US mail.
- Performs general clerical duties including faxing, copying, filing, etc. as needed.
- Furnish information/phone numbers to callers as requested or makes sufficient inquiries necessary to refer the caller to the appropriate resort personnel, sales or marketing or outside vendor who can help them.
- Perform duties of a general clerical nature as needed.
- Dispatch maintenance and housekeeping staff to guest rooms as needed.
- Assist guests with voice mail.
- Maintain, publish and distribute critical telephone number lists to staff as required.
- Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed.
- Able to handle the stress of high customer demand in a hospitality environment.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and a cordial attitude towards all guests and staff members.
- At least 6 months switchboard/PBX experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of telephone switchboard and PBX equipment and systems.
- Manual dexterity and mobility required.
- At least 6 months Customer Service experience.
Salary: 11.30 – 13.56 USD