A sample job description template for the position of Shipping Manager is given below:
Job Title: Shipping Manager
Location of the Job: Baltimore, MD 21205
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Family owned Corrugated Box Manufacturer is seeking to employ a Shipping/Logistics Manager.Responsibilities include but are not limited to shipping product on our own trucks, truck line ups, cube utilization, manage drivers and warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with distribution, business units and inventory control department.
- Maintain an orderly and neat stock, in both receiving and shipping.
- Oversee compliance of receiving practices with established Company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of Company funds and property, personnel practices, security, and record-keeping procedures.
- Establish and maintain the continuous flow process to ensure same day delivery to the internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all receiving functions that affect the business units and finish goods inventory are processed accurately by verifying purchase orders and ticketing, and auditing the validation and verification reports.
- Oversee and participate in the timely receipt and distribution of all incoming deliveries according to Company standards.
- Train, coach and manage all receiving and shipping associates in all policies and procedures of the company.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of qualified applicants to meet the needs of the receiving and shipping departments.
- Ability to solve problems independently, and think outside the box
- Inventory Management experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Must be Excel proficient
- Must have EDI experience
Salary: $11.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE