Following is a sample job description template for the position of Contracts Officer:
Job Title: Contracts Officer
Location of the Job: Hood River, OR 97031
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Insitu is a leading high-tech autonomous systems company driven by a culture of agility and systematic improvement. Since 1994 Insitu has led in the design, development and production of small autonomous aircraft for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).
- Experience with Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Experience with ITAR compliance, including commodity jurisdiction requests, Technical Assistance Agreements and licensing
- Experience with developing strategies for negotiations and conducting negotiations
- Proficient in Microsoft applications preferably MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint.
- Experience with commercial aerospace and federal government contract terms, FAR, and flow-down requirements
- Related BA/BS in Business/Technical Field or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills and strong teambuilding skills
- Proactive, positive and customer focused attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate activities with other internal functions, USG Government agencies and host country officials.
- Provide authoritative guidance to internal business teams on corporate goals and objectives relating to contract activity.
- Develop negotiation strategy and lead or support negotiations on U.S. government and International contracts.
- Support International contracting activities by reviewing and analyzing contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures.
- Serve as a technical resource, assisting in the planning for a broad range of approval activities, including participating in the formation of risk benefit reviews, and communicating guidelines to further contracting activities in the territory
- Analyze laws, regulations and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
- Serve as primary Contracts focal for Insitu’s international business; providing technical assistance and guidance in the negotiation and awarding of International sales, service and/or Partnership contracts.
Salary: 50,000.00 – 85,000.00 /year