A sample job description template for the position of IT Support Engineer is given below:
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Location of the Job: Garwood, NJ 07027
The IT Support Engineer provides at-desk, phone and email support to users of computer hardware and software, peripherals and fixed and mobile phones.
- Reliable transportation, as occasional on-call issues will require after-hours visits to the facility
- Flexible, highly organized; ability to multi-task, re-prioritizing as needed, consistently delivering on time
- Solid telephone presence along with a calm and professional demeanor
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Experience supporting Blackberry, Blackberry Enterprise Server, and Iphones
- Competent at supporting a Mac environment
- Expert at supporting a Microsoft environment (Office 2003 / 2007, Windows XP, Vista, Active Directory)
- Recent MCSE or MCP
- 5 years relevant technical experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with internal and external clients by phone, e-mail and in person as required.
- Available to travel as need (less than 5%).
- Interact with other internal departments such as Support, Development, Trainers, etc.
- Perform system maintenance checks, documentation and tier 2 technical support calls.
- Perform Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 administration/troubleshooting.
- Installation and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 databases.
- Maintenance/configuration of Sonic Firewall and Sonic SSL-VPN.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN connections for internal/external users.
- Configuration and maintenance of Windows 2000/2003/2008 Active Directory/DNS.
- Installation of Windows-based servers (2003/2008).
- Installation and troubleshooting of Citrix Presentation Server/Terminal Server farms.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration and troubleshooting of Windows servers.
- Responsible for supporting internal users and external clients.
Salary: $11,000.00 – $13,000.00 /year