Here is a sample job description template for the position of Accounting Technician.
Job Title: Accounting Technician
Location of the Job: Burlington, IA 52601
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Accounting Technician Responsibilities include AR and bank reconciliations, monthly billings, account analysis, journal entries, and assistance with other accounting tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain fixed asset sub ledger and prepare and post monthly depreciation journal entry.
- Prepare and post wires and other miscellaneous bank transactions and expense accruals to the general ledger as needed.
- Provide effective and positive communication to all internal and external customers.
- Interface with online banking system to prepare and review positive pay information on a daily basis.
- Upload internal associate expense report data from the software above into the Accounts Payable system and generate ACH payments utilizing an online banking program.
- Review and process internal associate expense reports using the @WORK software program.
- Enter, post, and produce checks for all invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare Accounts Payable invoices for payment including coding within a complex general ledger account environment.
- Alpha/Numeric Keyboard Skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Proven organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated math aptitude and problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills