Find below sample job description template for the position of HVAC Technician:
Job Title: HVAC Technician
Location of the Job: Columbus, OH 43235
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
This is a ground floor opportunity for an experienced tech willing to do whatever it takes to grow with this new Daytona Beach HVAC business. Some weekends on call and after hours emergency repairs will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Install or repair residential and light commercial heat pumps, condensing units, air handlers, package units, temperature and humidity controls, fans, control panels, switches, fuses, filters, gauges, ducts, piping, tubing, and related components;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Keeps tools and equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- complete power connections.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Documents actions by completing equipment records.
- Tests and repairs environmental systems by operating the systems; identifying malfunctions; repairing or replacing sealants, parts, and components.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work in tight spaces (i. mechanical rooms, air handlers, etc)
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Documented 5+ years of professional experience
- Must be willing to travel 60% of the time (All Air fare/Bus fare, Hotel, Per Diem’s are covered)
- HVAC experience (EPA Universal) (Industrial Coatings experience a plus)
- Must be willing to work flexible hours depending on customer needs (includes nights and weekends)
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards
- Must submit to a Physical and Drug test.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License (Chauffer’s Endorsement and Medical Card Preferred).