Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Information Security Engineer that you can use as a base for creating a JD for this vacancy in your organization.
Job Title: Information Security Engineer
Location of the Job: San Jose, CA 95101
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The engineer will assist in developing and enhancing security architecture plans. The security architecture plans will capture existing configurations of information systems and telecommunications infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses encryption technology, vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research
- A wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, network access, security policy and standard operating procedures and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Risk assessment analysis and generation of system POA&M(s)
- Security design and the testing of state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and applications that insure implementation of a secure environment.
- Experience with DISA’s Vulnerability Management System (VMS) software. Particularly data entry and result interpretation.
- Experience with the certification and accreditation (C&A) process of the US Air Force within the requirements of the DIACAP (Department of Defense Information Assurance Security Certification and Accreditation Process) and the IT-Lean/SISSU process.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized approach to projects.
- Scripting abilities (Shell, Perl, Ruby, etc) are required; current programming skills in Java, C or C++ is a plus.
- Deep Knowledge of network-based and system-level attacks and mitigation methods.
- Strong security background in network/systems/physical security, authentication, authorization and usability.
- At least 5 years of analyzing the security of systems (Penetration testing, Web Application security testing, vulnerability scanning, threat modeling, etc.)
- Firewall experience with Juniper and Checkpoint required
- 8+ years of experience with firewall, IDS/IPS, SEIM and Information Security Incident Management
- BS and/or MS or in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Salary: $11.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE