Find below a sample job description template for the position of Endoscopy Technician:
Job Title: Endoscopy Technician
Location of the Job: White Plains, NY 10601
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor Degree
Advanced Endoscopy Center, a GI Ambulatory Surgery Center located in Bronx, NY seeks an experienced Endoscopy Technician for a full-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter patient charges in computer documentation system.
- Process and wrap biopsy forceps as per policy and procedure.
- Re-stocks rooms with supplies. Anticipates needs of additional supplies. Notify Coordinator or designee of supply shortage.
- Assists in cleaning, processing contaminated scopes and instruments according to Endoscopy Department policy and procedure.
- Removes contaminated scope to work room.
- Knowledgeable about specimen preparation, labeling and handling.
- Observes progress of procedure and provides additional equipment, supplies or other items to physician as needed.
- Assists in providing a safe and efficient environment for all endoscopy patients.
- Assists physician and Registered Nurse with Endoscopy procedure.
- Assists in connecting patient to cardiac monitor: BP cuff, EKG leads, Pulse oximeter, and forehead temperature strip.
- Position stretcher and assist in positioning patient on stretcher.
- Know the specific use of all equipment to be used.
- Assembles the necessary equipment and supplies according to type of procedure performed.
- Directs patients to changing area and explain changing routine.
- Requires effective communication skills, solid team player and a commitment to providing excellent patient service and professionalism.
- Duties include reprocessing scopes, assisting in procedures, setting up patient procedure rooms, ordering cleaning supplies and assisting the clinical team in delivering high quality professional care while achieving optimal patient satisfaction.
- Solid experience with scope reprocessing is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (BCLS preferred) and experience in a GI or Multi-specialty Medical environment and working knowledge and proficiency in the use of Medical terminology.
Salary: 25.00 USD /hour