The job of an IT Specialist involves working on information technology, specially computer hardware and software, depending upon the need of the organization they are employed in. Given below is a sample job description template for the position of IT Specialist.
Job Title: IT Specialist
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Dragados, a world leader in general contracting in the infrastructure arena, is currently looking for an IT Specialist for Florida. The chosen candidate will work closely with company management under the supervision of the IT manager supporting a number of offices in the Davie, Fort Lauderdale and Miami areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide network support: installing networked application software, access, creating user groups, managing shared resources.
- Responsible for communicating with software vendors and/or access on line tech support to obtain updates, resolve escalated problems, obtain pricing specs and purchase related information.
- Responds promptly to problem/ticket calls and investigates and determines best resolution.
- Perform hardware/software upgrades as needed.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots a wide range of software and printers.
- Provide software/technical support to multiple departments, responding to user requests for service.
- Experience working with MS Active Directory and MS Exchange
- Experience with virus and spyware removal, windows registry manipulation, and hardware component replacements
- Must have the ability to prioritize based upon the urgency of a request for service with an emphasis on dynamics of IT
- Exceptional client service, communication and follow up skills and the ability to multitask and learn quickly
- Solid experience supporting Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 as well as desktop applications including MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Extensive experience using Symantec Ghost to image and deploy systems
- Highly motivated independent, self motivated individual with exceptional problem solving skills
- BA or BS in Computer Sciences or related area