Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Technical Analyst:
Job Title: Technical Analyst
Location of the Job: JERSEY CITY, NJ
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Technical consultant needed to perform the technical aspects of an initiative or initiatives, including designing solutions, producing technical documentation. Responsible for technical analysis relating to information technology implementations, and upgrades.
- 2 years of applications development or directly applicable work experience required.
- Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP) certification preferred.
- Excellent understanding of programming languages, including Java.
- Intermediate skills with MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- Excellent attention to details, ability to multitask, and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches, diagnoses, and resolves procedural and system problems associated with software applications, operating systems, and hardware.
- Informs management of project progress, changes in resource availability, or project risks.
- Provides off-hour technical support to give immediate assistance to internal support personnel.
- Develops project plans for assigned systems and applications. Instructs, directs, and monitors the work of project associates to meet project objectives.
- Administers, maintains, and ensures data integrity for assigned systems, programs, and applications.
- Develops presentations and documentation to facilitate training and knowledge transfer initiatives.
- Works with business users, programmers, hardware support, and application support. Communicate both business and technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Salary: Commensurate with experience