A sample job description template for the position of Data Manager is given below:
Job Title: Data Manager
Location of the Job: Paramus, NJ 07652
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Responsible for managing data management activities, liaising with CRO’s and interfacing with Clinical Operations on behalf of the Data Management Department to ensure that standards are communicated properly, that timelines are met according to objectives and goals and that data reporting needs are scheduled and addressed and that the quality of data management deliverables are monitored.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains/updates functional documentation to support client processing
- Writes database queries and reports using standard tools as appropriate
- Performs implementation data functions for new business.
- Detects and identifies enhancements and improvements that increase the quality and efficiency of data processing
- Owns the client-outsourced data system management at ADP
- Owns annual enrollment and roll-over to new plan year for data system set-up, testing, and production
- Controls all data system inputs, data system processing, and data system outputs for the benefits database
- Resolves escalated participant and production issues by researching the root cause of the issue and fixing the issue or working with appropriate resource to fix the issue
- Makes complex configuration changes, including documentation, set-up, testing, and promotion to production
- Experience with electronic Clinical Database Systems is required and experience with electronic reporting applications preferred.
- Knowledge of GCP is essential.
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical data management experience is also required in the bio/pharmaceutical industry or clinical trials.
- May require certification in assigned area.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MS/MA/PhD/RN degree in related discipline and 3 years of related experience;
- BS/BA degree in related discipline and 5-8 years of related experience;
Salary: $11.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE