A sample job description template for the position of Assistant Engineer is given below:
Job Title: Assistant Engineer
Location of the Job: Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
Years of Experience: 1+to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This position requires a minimum of a limited USCG Merchant Mariners 2nd Engineer’s License for motor vessels of size of no less than 1600 GT / 3000 ITC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General repair and maintenance of smaller equipment, including galley and refrigeration items
- Air compressors, including starting air compressors
- Hydraulic systems
- Steering gear
- Main reducing gears and shafting
- Auxiliary engine / generator sets, including the power distribution switchgear and the emergency generator.
- Main propulsion engines, their associated systems and controls, as well as the related water systems.
- Ability to follow document requirements and provide design requirements and product definition
- Familiarity with Windows GUI standards preferred
- Some hardware design experience
- Some database experience
- Some experience in systems engineering involving hardware, software, data and communications technologies preferred
- 2+ years experience in engineering development
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE