Find below a sample job description template for the position of Benefits Coordinator:
Job Title: Benefits Coordinator
Location of the job: San Ramon, CA 94583
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Works collaboratively with the Benefits Department team to support the analysis, design, develop and implementation of new benefit programs, program changes, and program enhancements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes Leave of Absence paperwork.
- Assists employees with benefit enrollment process.
- Adjusts and updates employee records in SAP system.
- Routinely audits and reviews benefit eligibility reports for errors or inconsistencies.
- Contacts benefit carriers as needed to resolve benefit eligibility.
- Notifies appropriate payroll department of deduction adjustments.
- Investigates benefit and payroll issues and works with internal and external departments to resolve.
- Responds to Benefit Customer Service phone calls to resolve employee benefit questions regarding medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and PTO benefits.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Exemplary customer service
- Vendor management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Benefits experience required and use of PeopleSoft.