A sample job description template for the position of Director of Software Development is given below:
Job Title: Director of Software Development
Location of the Job: Southlake, TX 76092
Years of Experience: 5+ to 10 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Directs the activities of a software systems development function, software applications development function, and/or a software quality assurance function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on, technically savvy leader, who has an equal amount of hands-on technical experience, business acumen and people management skills.
- Completing ad hoc projects in support of the SPS and TRS Leadership teams.
- Prior budget management and staffing administration experience.
- Maintain strong grasp of industry trends, cutting edge technology and marketplace changes to ensure that SPS remains in a leading position with regard to its competitors.
- Solid relational database design and development skills.
- Work collaboratively with global and regional teams to execute both internal and external software development projects.
- Drive product development by enabling creative use of existing technology platforms and by encouraging new technologies where appropriate.
- Knowledge of Property and Casualty industry best practices.
- Have excellent leadership and motivational skills, with experience working in a competitive environment where intellectual rigor is the norm.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or an equivalent discipline.
- Have demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and retain high quality developers.
- Five plus years of experience in managing fast paced, high energy development teams.
- Have ten-plus years of applicable experience in developing high performance enterprise applications with a demonstrated track record of delivering releases on time with excellent quality.
Salary: $96,300 – $224,000 per year