A sample job description template for the position of Pool Manager is given below:
Job Title: Pool Manager
Location of the Job: Washington, DC, 19801
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must have necessary skills to perform intermediate math and use computer software programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stores chemicals and supplies in accordance with Resort and state/federal policies.
- Makes recommendations on inventory to management.
- Plans and develops procedures to improve operations within the Department.
- Creates and completes work schedules, records and reports when needed.
- Inspects the pool and surrounding areas; reports unsafe conditions to General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
- Updates Lifeguard certifications as needed.
- Monitors and records water conditions (temperature, clarity, chlorine, and pH levels).
- Conducts regularly scheduled in-service training.
- Coordinates training and development.
- Recognizes and responds effectively to emergencies.
- Enforces all Resort and State policies, rules, and regulations.
- Plans and develops procedures to improve operations.
- Ensures the safety of both the Aquatic staff and Resort owners/
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training certification.
- American Red Cross First Aid certification.
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience as a supervisor or manager in aquatics or related field.
- Three (3) year experience in the aquatic field.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, communicate effectively with staff and management, analyze and resolve problems, use independent judgment, and deal successfully with public.
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE