Here is a sample job description template for the position of Cost Controller:
Job Title: Cost Controller
Location of the job: Everett, WA 98203
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The cost controller is responsible for the development and implementation of project cost control reporting systems on major and large offshore projects. Cost Controller is also responsible for insuring that all cost activities are reported and tracked accordingly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Minimum of a Masters Degree in Business, Finance or related field, plus a minimum of 12 years of broad finance experience are required.
- Solid analytical and reasoning abilities required.
- Must have strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Working knowledge of business performance management software (SAP, Hyperion, Cognos, etc.) preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Must have strong management skills, work ethic, consensus gathering skills, organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills
- CPA preferred.
- Must possess strong communication and written skills in the English language
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access database applications
- Familiarity with quantitative cost risk analysis a plus
- Requires familiarity with design, fabrication, installation, transportation and hookup requirements, including client provided specifications, applicable codes, standards and industry work processes
- Requires 7+ years experience in cost management of which 5 years in major offshore project work
- Requires a minimum of 3 years experience working on offshore facilities
- Requires a High-School diploma; Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred