Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Support Worker:
Job Title: Support Worker
Location of the job: Brooklyn, NY
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Associate Degree
The Family Support Worker provides families with home-based, culturally competent services in the Bushwick HFNY Program to promote optimal child development, enhance parent-child relationships and improve family support system through weekly home visits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Light travel is required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- prevention and safety at all times.
- Practices good housekeeping, tool control, Foreign Object Damage
- Stores, handles, labels, uses, and disposes of hazardous material and waste in accordance with all state, local, and federal environmental standards.
- Removes, disassembles repairs, cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles and reinstalls GSE components and accessories, stencils and marks GSE in accordance with technical publications.
- Ability to team lift up to 75 pounds.
- Valid state driver’s license with suitable driving record.
- Medically and physically able to wear a respirator.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations
- Familiarity with applicable codes and standards.
- General knowledge of hand and power tools.
- At least two (2) or more years experience in the maintenance field.