Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Bindery Operator. You just need to make some changes to reflect the specific requirements of your organization.
Job Title: Bindery Operator
Years of Experience: 3+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Immediate need for bindery operator seeking long term temp assignment, 2nd shift and possible overtime. Bindery operation experience, high degree of motivation and morale, and basic math and manual dexterity will be keys to success in this stable, high tech organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
- Improves quality results by implementing process-improvement changes.
- Prepares printed materials to be bound by studying work orders; calculating requirements; obtaining supplies.
- Maintains quality results by adhering to standards.
- Prepares bindery equipment by studying job specifications; inspecting equipment;
- Ensures operation of bindery equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements;
- Achieves production and quality standards by observing equipment operations; detecting malfunctions and deviations; adjusting controls.
- Experience with Windows operating systems is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- To perform job in safe manner, person must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to read, pay attention to detail and be very accurate.
- Previous binding and/or printing experience required.
Salary: 30,000.00 to 45,000.00 USD per year