This sample job description template for the position of HSE Engineer is provided by way of example only. You need to modify it to reflect and suit the actual job position in your organization.
Job Title: HSE Engineer
Location of the Job: Tulsa, OK 74101
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Responsible for coordinating and directing environmental, safety and health initiatives at the facility to assure compliance with local, state and federal worker safety, health and environmental regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete annual SGC Safety, Health and Environmental self audit.
- Oversee compliance to OSHA Process Safety Management Standards and EPA Risk Management Planning guidelines.
- Initiate Ergonomic and Behavioral Safety programs.
- Support/assist Manager, Engineering and Maintenance as needed in new chemical and new product/process review process including preparation of permit applications for new processes, and interacting with regulators.
- Responsible for site’s regulatory reporting requirements under state and federal guidelines including emission and waste discharge.
- Plans, schedules and provides training for Supervisors, department personnel and contractors on subjects related to HS&E quality.
- Develop, maintain and update facility health and safety programs including but not limited to accident investigation, STOP program, noise and / or dust monitoring, and safety meetings.
- Maintain ISO 14000 Environmental Management System.
- Must be willing and able to be on-call; may be required to travel occasionally.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a Certified Safety Professional certification.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other common software applications
- At least 5 years of chemical/petrochemical/refinery environment PSM experience preferred
- Experience in HSE management systems such as ISO 14001, OHSA 18001 or VPP
- 5 years industrial HSE experience, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE