Sample job description template for the position of MDS coordinator is given below. Please note that this is for the sake of guidance only; please make necessary changes before you use it.
Job title: MDS Coordinator
Location of the job: Jacksonville, FL 32226
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Lakes Care Center is currently looking for an MDS Coordinator to join our team! Salary comparable with position and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in peer support / evaluation, in services, education programs, and staff meetings, and Quality Improvement activities as assigned
- Review the state validation reports and ensures that appropriate follow-up action is taken
- Create an opportunity for family participation in the care planning process
- Ensure the timely electronic submission of face validity of all Minimum Data Sets to the state database
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive resident assessment and care plan
- Coordinate the development and completion of the resident assessment (MDS) in accordance with all Federal and State guidelines
- Select the correct (ARD) Assessment reference date (ARD) and correct reasons for assessment that capture all resources to ensure appropriate payment by Medicare/Medicate systems
- Positive attitude toward the elderly.
- Must be knowledgeable of general, rehabilitative and restorative nursing and medical practices and procedures and laws, regulations and guidelines governing long-term care.
- Must be a Registered Nurse in good standing and currently licensed by the State;
- Previous experience in a hospital, long-term facility, or other healthcare related facility.
- Previous experience in completing MDS, RAI process and Care Plans is required.
- Previous experience as an MDS Coordinator and knowledge of RUGS optimization.
Salary: $14.00 – $17.00 Hourly DOE