Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Network Support Specialist:
Job Title: Network Support Specialist
Location of the Job: Albany, NY 12210
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
VK Technologies is an enterprise systems integrator focused at delivering IT solutions to New York State and local government. We have an opening for a Design and Network Support Specialist to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the IT point of contact accountable for the IT portion of new office setups, office expansions, office relocations, etc.
- Provides consulting and staff training for standard systems.
- Performs complex software/hardware troubleshooting – on-site and remotely – in cooperation with Corporate IT
- Responsible for maintenance of local network and systems documentation.
- Monitors security compliance in accordance with Tt standards, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for local inventory maintenance and software license management.
- Acts as the primary point of communication between IT and operations staff
- Assists with technology planning through ongoing research and regular communication with operations staff.
- Manages projects according to agreed upon budgets and schedules.
- Plans, implements, and supports the network and computing infrastructure plan.
- Rolls out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources, all in conformity with enterprise standards and procedures.
- Performs technology needs analysis communicating with Division level Director and local operations staff.
- Experience in PC implementation and trouble-shooting.
- Experience in Windows networking, Help Desk Services or MS SQL programming.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Understanding of PC operating systems and MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal Skills
- Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
- A two-year college degree or certification in networking or a relevant area in computer science. Preferably a degree from a four-year college with a major in computer science.
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 Hourly DOE