The job of a Weighbridge Vehicle Operator involves driving, operating and administering forklifts and other heavy duty vehicles. Given below is a sample job description template for this position.
Job Title: Weighbridge Vehicle Operator
Years of Experience: 2+ to 4 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Our client is looking for a bright and customer focused individual to administer and operate a Weighbridge operation at a busy recycling centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives forklifts, locomotives, trackmobiles or other heavy duty material movers.
- Follows and complies with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
- Unloads goods and material received, enters appropriate information into system, labels and locates material.
- Separates customer orders. Pulls and stages orders. Repacks material if required to meet customer specifications. As required, makes boxes, packs, labels and locates materials.
- Reviews Preventative Maintenance check sheets for forklifts. Ensures good working order of machines.
- Participates in cycle counting. Enters and verifies information. Researches and makes adjustments as necessary.
- May perform functions/transactions in designated system to receive or ship material.
- Ensures all products are properly labeled
- May be required to handle the accumulation, disposal and transportation of hazardous waste. If required to do so, must participate in pre-requisite training in order to meet RCRA waste management requirements.
- Providing high level customer service whilst managing account and COD customers enquiries and quotations
- Maintaining of database, reports, registers, transfer books and dockets
- Processing of COD payments, checks and cash reimbursements, dockets and tax invoices
- Liaise with weighbridge manager in regards to capacity, logistics and product enquiries
- Undertake of accurate weighing of vehicles incoming and outgoing from the yard
- Coordinate the scheduling of deliveries and dispatching of goods
- Maintaining data entry of delivery dockets to ensure full compliance with weights and measures requirements
- Inspect weight, price and direct materials to correct location.