Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Youth Development Specialist:
Job Title: Youth Development Specialist
Location of the Job: Paterson, NJ 07501
Years of Experience: 3+ to 7 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
St. Charles Youth and Family Services, a provider of residential and shelter care programs, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Youth Development Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving as a member of the Center’s team committed to helping young people build on existing assets to make positive choices about their health and well-being, academic achievement and interaction with others;
- Maintaining program files and assisting with data collection for evaluation purposes
- Helping to supervise volunteers recruited to serve as mentors;
- Facilitating evidence based and other programs in coordination with community collaborators in areas such as gang-prevention, substance abuse prevention, pregnancy prevention and leadership development;
- Interviews participants or their authorized representatives to gather information to assess service needs.
- Adheres to the Passion and Vision of the SER Youth Empowered to Succeed-YES! Program.
- Designing and implementing programs for youth, including those to be operated on Saturdays and during the summer;
- Maintains caseload of youth.
- Making referrals to community resources;
- Adheres to the mission and Core Values of SER.
- At least 2 years experience working with youth or related field.
- Experience in supervision of staff and youth.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual/bicultural (Spanish) preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours required.
- Access to a vehicle with insurance and valid Illinois Driver’s License required.
- Bachelor’s Preferred, High School Diploma or GED required
- Proficiency in all subjects – up to 12th grade level.
Salary: $86300 – $124000 /year