Following is a sample job description template for the position of Marketing Internship:
Job Title: Marketing Internship
Location of the Job: Austin, MN 55912
The intern will have a unique opportunity to learn about brand and digital marketing at NYTimes.com with projects related to News, Opinion, Theater, Movies, T Magazine, Travel and E-mail. The intern will gain experience in all aspects of digital marketing, from online display to SEM to social networking.
- To be a team player with lots of initiative, curiosity, a drive to learn and a passion for marketing!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, blogging and Twitter and solid understanding of how to leverage online communities increase brand awareness and attract target audiences
- Be able to meet deadlines and think outside of the box; the more ideas, the better!
- A background in marketing through your studies or experience and an understanding of SEO
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in research of social media trends.
- Assist in writing and editing a weekly marketing e-mail newsletter.
- Provide general assistance with marketing activities of NYTimes.
- Track competitive trends and monitor NYTimes.com site usage data.
- Assist in the development and trafficking of marketing creative.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of paid search engine marketing programs for NYTimes.
- Provide reporting and analysis of the effectiveness of media and creative; recommend enhancements to current campaigns.
- Assist in selecting content and writing daily marketing ads.
- Analyze select marketing ads on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and analyze monthly Excel reports on the performance of marketing activity for select NYTimes.com initiatives and assist in writing monthly summaries.
Salary: $11,000.00 – $14,000.00 /year